The Museum has the pleasure of officially announcing that the Desjardins Focus award Gala will be returning for a fifth edition this year. More information to come!
GALA OCTOBER 2019
On October 26th 2019 was held the third edition of the 'Desjardins Focus award Gala' at Canimex' Denim Swift, created by the Desjardins Museum of Photography. This yearly activity is open to all photographers of Quebec, from amateurs to professionals.
The evening was co-animated by Jean-René Dufort, photograph and television host, as well as our general director, Jonathan Hugues Potvin. The six judges had the heavy task of evaluating over a thousand candidatures to nominate seven finalists in eleven categories.
Please note that the categories were slightly modified this year: indeed, the Traveller category was replaced by the Youth Focus and the ACAP/CAPA Focus, while the Great Focus was divided into two distinct categories, the Great Feminine Focus and the Great Masculine Focus. The exceptional work from our jury (Luc Desilets, Michel Doyon, Jocelyne Feizo, François Desrosiers, Yves Kerouack and Jérémie Leblond-Fontaine) was applauded during the evening.
The presentation of the Honorary Focus award is always one of the most notable moments of the evening. This year, the prize was awarded to Madam Claire Beaugrand-Champagne, first woman to be a press photograph in Québec.
Here's the list of our winners of 2019:
- Jasmin Côté - Youth Focus
- Chantal Bellefeuille - Successor Focus
- Bernard Brault - Studio Focus
- Jean-Simon Bégin - Animal-Nature Focus
- Marcel Morin - Urban Focus
- Boisbriand's Club Photo - Club of the year Focus
- Tzara Maud - Action Focus
- Éric Deschamps - Landscape Focus
- Patrick Woodbury - Architecture Focus
- Arianne Clément - Portrait Focus
- Yves Kérouack - ACAP/CAPA Focus
- Tzara Maud - Feminine Grand Focus
- Bernard Brault - Masculine Grand Focus
- Claire Beaugrand-Champagne - Honorary Focus
GALA SEPTEMBER 2018
On September 29th 2018 was held the 2nd edition of the "Focus award Gala" at Canimex's Denim Swift, created by the Desjardins Museum of Photography. This fundraising activity is open to all of Quebec's photographers, from amateurs to professionals.
The evenin was coanimated by Mme Sophie Thibault, photograph and anchorwoman at TVA, as well as M. Bertrand Godin, photograph, professional driver, author and writer for the sports car world. The five judges had the hefty task of evaluating over a thousand candidatures to name six finalists in twelve categories. During the evening, the judges were highly saluted by the finalists. The judges were : M. Luc Désilet, M. Guy Langevin, M. Jérémie Leblond-Fontaine, Mrs. Dominique Poirier and M. Patrick Roger.
The 'Focus' trophy-artwork, created by Mrs. Suzanne Ricard and M. Pierre Tessier of the RICARD-TESSIER workshop, were greatly appreciated once again this year. The most defining moment of the evening was, without a doubt, the reception by M. Antoine Désilet, 91 years old, father of the art of photography in Quebec, of the Honorary Focus.
Here's the list of our winners of 2018:
- Mme Julie Lambert - Globe-trotter Focus
- M. Éric Deschamps - Successor Focus
- Mme Lucie Choquet - Studio Focus
- M. Antoine Desilets - Honorary Focus
- Boucherville's Club Photo - Club Focus
- M. Bernard Brault - Action Focus
- Mme Marie-Hélène Gravel - Portrait Focus
- Jocelyne Feizo – Focus nature et le « Grand Focus » (exæquo)
- Yves Kéroack – Focus paysage – Focus architecture – et le « Grand Focus » (exæquo)
GALA SEPTEMBER 2017
On September 30th 2017 was held the first ever edition of the "Focus award Gala" realized by the Desjardins Museum of Photography. This yearly fundraising activity is open to every photographs of Québec, from the amateur to the professional.
The evening was co-animated by Mme Sophie Thibault, photograph and anchorwoman at TVA, as well as M. Yvon Garneau. A committee of six judges had the task to evaluate the numerous candidatures to nominate finalists in the fourteen categories. Those judges are: Martine Doucet, Michel Doyon, François-Régis Fournier, Élodie Kergal, Pierre Lauzière and Chantal Turbide.
The "Focus" trophies, in aluminium with a fused glass lens, were made by Mme Suzanne Ricard and M. Pierre Tessier at the RICARD-TESSIER workshop, in a "procedure that made every trophy unique".
Here's the list of our winners of 2017:
- M. Jason Huberdeau - Social Heritage Focus
- M. Fabiano Kwizera - Architectural Heritage Focus and Successor Focus
- Mme Méganne Sévigny - Cultural Heritage Focus
- Mme Sandra Des Trois-Maisons - Studio Focus
- M. Gilbert Duclos - Honorary Focus
- Drummond's Club Photo - Club Focus
- M. Jean-François Leblanc - Action Focus
- M. Louis-Charles Dumais - Portrait Focus
- Mme Jocelyne Feizo - Nature Focus & Landscape Focus
- M. Bruno Godbout – Focus urbain
- Mme Nancy West – Focus architecture
- M. Joffrey Rivard – « Grand Focus »