BECOMING A MEMBER
Becoming a member is an excellent way to encourage the Museum.
There are multiple categories of members, each of which imply different pricings and criterions. Those member titles answer specific needs from anyone who wishes to encourage the Museum, based on their intentions and motivations.
Supportive member: 30.00$
Active member: 100.00$
Corporative member: 150.00$
Honorary member: By nomination
WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER
Can become a member of the Museum any individual who:
- Adheres to the organization's mission;
- Pays the yearly membership fee set by the Museum's council of administration;
- Is duly accepted as an active member, affiliated member or supportive member by the members of the administrative council, based on the criterions established in the following statuses.
Any individual who wished to participate to the emancipation of the Museum, and/or who demonstrates an interest for the area of photography. Members of this category has access to all the discounts given to members. They can vote and exert a fonction in the organization.
Photograph with a good reputation of at least two years of professional experience and of publications supported by their portfolio. They can be a freelancer or an employee. An examination of the candidate's portfolio will be conducted. The active member has access to the entirety of the advantages offered to the Museum's members. The active member has the right to vote at the yearly general assembly and at the extraordinary assemblies. They can be elected to the administrative council and to the executive committee.
- Presentation of 10 artworks on the Museum's active screen;
- An introductory section about the artist on the Museum's website;
- The possibility of a temporary exposition at the Museum in a specific active members zone;
- The possibility to use the Museum's space for workshops, conferences, mentoring, etc.;
- Promotion of the photograph's projects via the Museum's Facebook page;
- Discounts on the Museum's products and services;
- Invitation for the events: inaugurations, projects, conferences.
To become an active member, contact us:
Any parapublic organization or institution that adheres to the objectives of the Desjardins Museum of Photography and that wishes to bring a tangible support to the Museum. These members have a speaking right at the general assemblies, but cannot vote, or be elected at the administrative council.
Title given by the Museum's Administrative Council in honor of an exceptional career or support. The honorary members are eligible to the Museum's members' discounts. The honorary member title is awarded by the decision of the Museum and not on demand.
The Museum counts six honorary members, namely people who helped develop the Museum in an exceptional manner: Normand JUTRAS, Francine RUEST JUTRAS, Michel LESSARD, Jocelyn GAGNÉ, Bruce ANDERSON et Germain BEAUCHAMP.